FAQs on Moving Tips in Raleigh NC
Here are some of the most commonly asked moving questions that we get asked. Please feel free to read through them to find moving tips and helpful advice that may apply to your moving situation.
What forms of payment do you accept?
- We accept cash, check, MasterCard, VISA, American Express and Discover
- Certified funds are required on out-of-town moves
- Payment is expected on move in day
When is the busiest time of year for movers?
- Summer time is generally the busiest time of the year for movers
- The beginning and end of each month are traditionally busier than mid-month, regardless of the season
Do you take beds apart?
- We will take all beds apart and remove any mirrors from dressers
- If you have any furniture that requires to be disassembled (desks, wardrobes, etc.) we will take those apart
- All items will be reassembled at the new house to their original condition
What about water beds?
- Water beds must be drained before moving day
- We will disassemble water beds if they have been drained ahead of time
Do I need to pack mirrors, paintings, and pictures?
- All pictures, paintings, and mirrors need to be packed
- Smaller ones will usually fit in regular moving boxes; those larger than 20in. by 20in. should be packed into picture boxes
- We can provide boxes for you ahead of time
- We will wrap all dresser mirrors and any glass shelves or table tops you may have on the day of the move
What about lamps and lamp shades?
- Shades should be removed from all lamps and packed in boxes
- We will move floor lamps if the shades are removed
- Table lamps should be packed in boxes like any fragile items and labeled accordingly
- If the lamps will not fit in regular boxes, we can provide special lamp boxes at a minimal cost
Do I have to pack dresser drawers?
- You do not have to pack items in dresser drawers if they are not fragile
- We recommend that you pack drawers of end tables, desks, and nightstands as these contain loose items that can easily fall out during the move
- You should also pack the items in any furniture that has doors
How do you protect the floors at the new house?
- We pad the entrance foyer and all areas where we will be going in and out of the house
- We pad all stair railings and remove any doors deemed necessary
- If the walkways are clear of all mud and debris, there is never a problem with carpets
- For insurance reasons, we cannot remove our shoes, it is your responsibility to make sure the walkway and driveway is clean on moving day
What if my builder says he doesn’t want the moving truck on the driveway?
- If we have to unload from the street, there will be an additional charge
- The length and slope of the driveway will determine this cost
- For out-of-town moves this cost is determined by weight
When should I empty the refrigerator or freezer?
- Refrigerators and freezers are usually some of the last items to be loaded on the truck, the crew leader will notify you at least 30 minutes before these are loaded
- Pack food in coolers and small boxes so they can be placed in the back of the truck and unloaded first
- Refrigerator water lines must be disconnected prior to moving day
For Consumer Rights & Responsibilities, visit: www.ncuc.net/consumer/moving.pdf