Best Moving Company – Moving is one of the most difficult things that you will do. It represents uprooting yourself from a place, moving all your earthly possessions. Then unpacking them while hoping and praying that your goods are safe.
The truth of the matter is that moving doesn’t have to be difficult. Nor should it be riddled with anxiety and fear. By taking the proper preparations, you can ensure that your move will go without a hitch.
Let’s take a look at one of the biggest challenges when it comes to moving. Choosing the best moving company that will meet your needs.
How Do You Evaluate the Best Moving Company?
There is certain criteria that you can use to evaluate how trustworthy, reliable and safe a moving company is. You just need to keep in mind that some of these points will carry more weight than others.
A few things you should use to evaluate a moving company include:
- What kind of image do they portray? – Professional movers, meaning those with a professional website and an image that appears crisp and clean will tend to provide a higher quality service than people whom provide moving services on the side.
- How are they rated? – The proof of a moving company tends to be settled in how others review their services. Places like Yelp and Google Places will often be good places to find reviews, but keep in mind that people tend to complain more than they leave favorable reviews. Testimonials on a website tend to be more favorable than unfavorable, so the two should be taken with grains of salt.
- Do they provide a warranty? – Some movers are so sure of their work that they will provide you with a warranty. If something gets damaged, then they will provide you with compensation. This helps to ensure that your objects stay safe while motivating the movers to provide quality work.
- Do they help you? – Going a few extra inches can protect your belongings for hundreds of miles, which is why any reputable moving company will help you when it comes to packaging your goods. This help may extend to packaging services or simply to providing tips that help you pack better and more effectively.
- Have they been around? – The age of a moving company coincides with their reliability. Older companies tend to be tested by time, which in turn makes them more reliable. This sign can be offset by the professionalism of a company, warranties and so on, so don’t discourage yourself from contacting a newer company.
This criteria exists as just a beginning that will help you remove outliers that could potentially cause a plethora of problems for you during your move.
Acquire In-House Estimates
Another important step when evaluating potential moving companies is to receive in-house estimates from them. This will help you simultaneously gauge their experience. Also, quality while getting an idea of how much it will cost to move your belongings.
While the specifics of the estimate will vary depending upon where you are moving, this step will give you a general idea of how the moving company will work and how to pick the best moving company for your needs.
Check with the FMCSA
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) will contain information on every moving company that is registered with them. A reputable mover should be registered with the FMCSA, which in turn means that you can call (888) 368-7238 to acquire information such as:
- The company’s registered name, address and phone numbers
- The service status of the company
- The type of cargo they carry, which should be “Household Goods”
- Their insurance status
- The status of any consumer complaints
You will want to go through this process to ensure that your mover is both quality and safe. Some movers may use dubious tactics that can be seen through by contacting the FMCSA, which in turn keeps you even safer.
Let Us Move Your Belongings
When you’re ready to have your belongings moved, no matter if you have just a few boxes or an entire mansion to move, then contact Movin’ on Movers. We are the premiere moving company in North Carolina.
Call us today at 919-362-8355 or 888-880-8775 to learn more about how our services can help make your move the best one.